More than two dozen lenders offer private student loans. These include banks, non-bank financial institutions, credit unions and state loan programs.
No one lender offers the best interest rates and loan terms for every borrower. Most lenders do not have up-front pricing of their loans, where interest rates and fees are available to borrowers before they apply for the loan, so the only way for borrowers to know which loan is best for them is to shop around.
This list shows private student loan programs in alphabetical order by lender.
- Acumen Student Loans
- Charter One
- Citizens Bank
- College Ave Student Loans
- Commerce Bank
- CommonBond Inc.
- Connecticut Higher Education Supplemental Loan Authority (CHESLA)
- Credit Union Student Choice
- Dakota Education Alternative Loan (DEAL)
- Discover Student Loans
- Fifth Third Bank
- Graduate Leverage
- Higher Education Servicing Corp. (Texas)
- Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA)
- Maine Educational Loan Authority (MELA)
- Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority (MEFA)
- Minnesota Office of Higher Education
- New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC)
- PNC Education Lending
- Rhode Island Student Loan Authority (RISLA
- Sallie Mae
- South Carolina Student Loan Corporation
- SunTrust Education Loans
- Union Federal
- Wells Fargo Private Student Loans