Compare Private Student Loan Lenders
- Competitive rates and no origination fee for degree-granting institutions
- Choose from multiple repayment options, including no payments while in school1
- Borrow up to 100% of your school-certified cost of attendance2
- Easy online application accessible on all devices
- Get 24/7, online help with our exclusive Study StarterSM benefit, which includes free access to 4 months of Chegg Study®and EasyBib® Plus and 30 minutes of Chegg® Tutors3
- Learn more»
Sallie Mae® Smart Option Student Loan® for Undergraduate Students
When grants, scholarships, and federal aid are not enough, choose the Smart Option Student Loan®. You can apply for the money you need for college, and the flexibility you want.
- Competitive variable interest rates start from 4.37% APR to 11.23% APR1 (Competitive fixed interest rates also available.)
- No origination fee and no prepayment penalties2
- Easy online application accessible on all devices
- Get a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction while enrolled to make scheduled monthly payments by automatic debit3
- Borrow up to 100% of your school-certified cost of attendance4
- If a parent or other creditworthy individual cosigns the loan with you, it may give you a better chance of approval
- You may apply to release your cosigner from the loan after you graduate, make 12 on-time principal and interest payments and meet certain credit requirements5
- Competitive fixed and variable rates starting at 4.07%1
- Multiple repayment options including: full principal and interest, interest-only, deferred, and flat payment
- Flexible payment terms ranging from 5, 8, 10, and 15 years2
- Coverage up to 100% of your school-certified cost of attendance ($1,000 minimum)3
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Apply online in 3 minutes and get an instant credit decision
- Learn more »
Get the money you need for school quickly and at a great price.
- Low rates, free to apply, and no disbursement fees
- 0.25% interest rate reduction when you make payments by automatic debit
- The most repayment choices - and help making sense of them
- No penalty for early repayment
We get it. You want to pay as little interest as possible and have monthly payments you can afford. That's why the College Ave Student Loan Product has low rates and multiple repayment options to help you manage the total cost of the loan.
- Cover up to 100% of your school-certified costs including tuition, housing, books, and more1
- Get a 1% cash reward for good grades2
- Choose from in-school or deferred repayment options and there is never a penalty for prepayment
- $0 fees for the life of your loan including no application, origination, or late fees
- Apply now in 15 minutes or less
- Learn more »
Discover® Student Loans
- Discover Student Loans provides options for Associate or Bachelor's degree programs at eligible colleges and for Masters and Doctoral degree candidates at eligible graduate schools.
- You can borrow up to 100% of your school-certified costs (including tuition, housing, books and more). Aggregate loan limits apply.
- Apply today! Choice of great fixed or variable interest rates.
- Count on $0 fees, including application, origination or late fees.
- You have the option to make either interest-only or $25 fixed, monthly payments while in school and during the grace period to lower the overall loan cost. However, you can also choose to defer payments, meaning that monthly payments are not required until after the grace period or enrollment drops below half-time.
- Get a one-time cash reward of 1% of the loan amount of each new Discover undergraduate and graduate student loan when you get at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent). Reward redemption period is limited.2
- 0.25% Auto Debit Reward while enrolled in automatic payments.
- 6-month grace period for undergraduate loans and 9-month grace period for graduate loans.
- By adding a cosigner, you may improve your likelihood for loan approval and may lower your interest rate.
- Applying online is quick and easy and our knowledgeable, US-based Student Loan Specialists are ready to help you anytime 24/7. Tools and information at DiscoverStudentLoans.com can help students and parents through each step of the process — from exploring financial aid to repaying student loans.
- Competitive fixed & variable rates starting at 3.93% APR
- Flexible 5, 10, or 15-year terms
- Award-winning customer service every step of the way
- Learn more »
CommonBond Private Student Loan
Student loans to pay for college or graduate school at thousands of schools across the country
Get the help you need to pay for school with CommonBond. We’ve got your back with competitive rates, award-winning service, borrower protections, and multiple repayment options. No hidden fees, no double-digit APRs here. And we offer resources to help you make the right personal finance choices.
We’re on a mission to make student loans more affordable, more transparent, and easier to manage. We provide choices and support every step of the way, and take pride in being a partner on your educational journey. And the best part? With CommonBond, you’ll always receive a competitive rate. No double-digit interest rates here.
Here’s what you get when you choose CommonBond:
- Flexibility: Since everyone's financial situation is different, we provide flexibility — so you can make the best descision for yourself –
- Borrow up to 100% of your school's cost of attendance.
- Loan terms of 5, 10, and 15 years, each available at both fixed and variable rates.
- Multiple repayment options, from paying as you go while in school (in exchange for a lower rate) to completely postponing payments until you graduate.
- Service: Our award-winning Care Team is available by phone, email, and live chat to answer any questions you have. Breathe easy — our experts know what you're going through!
- Simplicity: With our easy online application, you can get approved in minutes. There are no pre-payment penalties and no hassles. No kidding.
- Resources: We provide expert content, helpful webinars, and easy-to-use tools to help you understand the impact of your choices — so you can make the right decisions.
- Social Promise: Your loan makes a difference. For every loan we fund we also fund the education of a child in need. We're the first — and only — lender to make that promise.
Ascent is built around one guiding principle: Your student loan should expand your possibilities, not limit them. Every student's situation is different, so we created the Ascent Tuition cosigned loan to help you get the additional money you need. After you make 24 consecutive on-time payments, you can request to release your cosigner.
The Ascent Tuition cosigned loan is designed with you and your family in mind.
- Loans for undergraduate and graduate students
- Choose from affordable fixed or variable rates1
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- No penalty fee if you pay off your loan early
- Flexible plans to postpone payments until after leaving school 2,3,4
- Get a discount if you setup automatic payments5
- Cover up to 100% of your college tuition and living expenses7 with a minimum loan amount of $2,000 and up to $200,000 (or total cost of attendance less aid received)
- After making 24 consecutive on-time payments, you may be able to release your cosigner
- Customer service that is 100% U.S.-based
PNC Solution Loan™
We realize that covering all of your expenses can be a challenge, especially when government loans and financial aid just aren't enough. Apply for your PNC Solution Loan today so you can get the money you need to finance your education. 1
- Choose your interest rate option: variable or fixed rate
- Get 0.50% off your interest rate with automated payments from your checking or savings account when making scheduled payments that include both principal and interest 2
- Enjoy flexible payment options: defer until you graduate or leave school, or start paying right away and save on interest 3
- Take up to 15 years to repay 4
- Stay focused on your education - we'll send funds directly to your school
- A co-signer release option is available after 48 consecutive on-time monthly payments and is subject to credit approval 5
LendKey Private Student Loan
Are federal loans enough to cover the cost of your college education? A LendKey Private Student Loan from a not-for-profit credit union can be the answer to your funding needs.
- Variable interest loan based upon 3-month LIBOR index plus margin
- Borrow as little as $2,000 or up to the Cost of Attendance per year
- Borrow up to $120,000 in undergraduate debt
- Borrow up to $160,000 in graduate debt
- Use the funds for any qualified educational expense
- No prepayment penalty and 30-day loan cancellation policy
NON-COSIGNED LOAN FOR ELIGIBLE COLLEGE JUNIORS, SENIORS & GRADUATE STUDENTS
- 1% CASH BACK Graduate Reward9
- COVER UP TO 100% of your tuition & eligible living expenses
- AFFORDABLE fixed or variable rates1 + automatic debit discount
- PAY AFTER LEAVING SCHOOL — CUSTOMIZE YOUR LOAN with flexible repayment options5
- AVOID FEES — No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Learn more »
(Note: While this non-cosigned loan is only available to eligible college juniors, seniors, and graduate students, we do offer cosigned loans for college freshman and sophomores as well. Check out our Ascent Tuition Loan to learn more.)
Ascent is built around one guiding principle: Student loans should expand your possibilities, not limit them. That’s why we created the revolutionary Ascent Independent Loan for college juniors, seniors and graduate students without a cosigner. We give you more opportunities to qualify for a loan in your own name. Eligibility, loan amount and other loan terms are dependent on a number of factors which may include: other financial aid, creditworthiness, school, program, graduation date, major, cost of attendance and other factors. APPLY NOW!
You're More Than Just a Credit Score
Ascent Independent is a revolutionary private student loan that may help eligible college juniors, seniors and graduate students pay for college without a cosigner. (See eligibility requirements below.)