Citizens One Student Loan™
A flexible, affordable borrowing option.
Choose interest rate and repayment terms that work for you
- Multi Year Borrowing Option — Qualified borrowers have access to a simplified, streamlined process to request funds in subsequent years. Terms and Conditions apply.1 Applicants who qualify will be presented with the Multi Year Borrowing Option in the application.
- Competitive fixed and variable interest rates
- Flexible repayment options and terms
- No origination, application, or disbursement fees
- Save up to 0.50 percentage points off your interest rate with available discounts2,3
Actual interest rate is based on credit, presence of a co-signer and repayment option chosen.
Students are encouraged to apply for a private student loan with a qualified co-signer to increase chances of receiving the lowest rate possible.
Money Saving Benefits
Ways to save:
Save up to 0.50 percentage points off your interest rate with our borrower discounts:
- Loyalty Discount: If you, or your co-signer, are existing bank customers, receive an immediate 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction on a new Citizens One Student Loan2
- Automatic Payment Benefit: You will be eligible to receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction during repayment by authorizing our loan servicer to automatically deduct your payment each month from any bank account you designate3
- Easy, online application process
- 24/7 online account management
- Extended call center hours 8:30am to 8:00pm Eastern Standard Time
- Find helpful financial aid tools at www.citizensone.com/student-loans/undergraduate-resources.html
Apply With a Co-signer
While not required, we strongly encourage students to apply with a creditworthy co-signer if they may have difficulty qualifying for a loan due to limited income and credit history. This may increase an applicant's chances of approval and of possibly obtaining a better interest rate.
1Borrowers need to remain credit qualified in order to access funds in subsequent years. We reserve the right to discontinue this loan program at any time. If we do so, we will provide you with advance notice. If you enroll in this loan program, your Promissory Note will describe the complete terms, conditions and limitations of the program. Please Note: International Students and Citizens Bank Parent Loan borrowers are not eligible to receive an offer for the Multi Year Borrowing Option.
2Loyalty Discount: The borrower will be eligible for a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction on their loan if the borrower or their co-signer (if applicable) has a qualifying account in existence with us at the time the borrower and their co-signer (if applicable) have submitted a completed application authorizing us to review their credit request for the loan. The following are qualifying accounts: any checking account, savings account, money market account, certificate of deposit, automobile loan, home equity loan, home equity line of credit, mortgage, credit card account, or other student loans owned by Citizens Bank, N.A. Please note, our checking and savings account options are only available in the following states: CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI and VT and some products may have an associated cost. This discount will be reflected in the interest rate disclosed in the Loan Approval Disclosure that will be provided to the borrower once the loan is approved. Limit of one Loyalty Discount per loan and discount will not be applied to prior loans. The Loyalty Discount will remain in effect for the life of the loan.
3Automatic Payment Benefit: Borrowers will be eligible to receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction on their student loans owned by Citizens Bank, N.A. during such time as payments are required to be made and our loan servicer is authorized to automatically deduct payments each month from any bank account the borrower designates. Benefit is not available when payments are not due, such as during forbearance. If our loan servicer is unable to successfully withdraw the automatic deductions from the designated account two or more times within any 12-month period, the borrower will no longer be eligible for this benefit.
Rates and offer subject to change.
All accounts, loans, and services are subject to individual approval.
Member FDIC. © 2016 Citizens Financial Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Citizens One and Citizens One Student Loans are brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A.