PNC Solution Loan™
We realize that covering all of your expenses can be a challenge, especially when government loans and financial aid just aren't enough. Apply for your PNC Solution Loan today so you can get the money you need to finance your education. 1
Apply With a Co-signer
While not required, we strongly encourage students to apply with a creditworthy co-signer if they may have difficulty qualifying for a loan due to limited income and credit history. This may increase an applicant's chances of approval and of possibly obtaining a better interest rate.
- Choose your interest rate option: variable or fixed rate 1
- No application or origination fees
- Get 0.50% off your interest rate with automated payments from your checking or savings account when making scheduled payments that include both principal and interest 2
- Enjoy flexible payment options: defer until you graduate or leave school, or start paying right away and save on interest 3
- Receive a preliminary credit decision in minutes
- Take up to 15 years to repay 4
- A co-signer release option is available after 48 consecutive on-time monthly payments and is subject to credit approval 5
- Satisfactory academic progress is not required
- Enrolled at least half-time in a degree program at an approved school
- You and/or your co-signer must be creditworthy:
- Must have a satisfactory credit history and employment history of at least two years
- Must have proof of current income
- Must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents who have resided in the U.S. for at least two years
- $1,000 minimum loan amount
- Monthly interest payments are not required during the in-school period and during the 6-month grace period, but by doing so, you can avoid capitalized interest.
1PNC Solution Loans are subject to credit approval.
2Automatic Payment Discount: During repayment, an interest rate discount of 0.50% is available for automatic payments. Borrower must be making scheduled payments that include both principal and interest. Interest only payments do not qualify for the 0.50% interest rate discount. Automatic payment can be established through the loan servicer American Education Services (AES). Advertised rates include the 0.50% automatic payment interest rate discount. The rate discount will be applied at the time automatic payment is established. If automatic payment is not established, the available rates will be 0.50% higher than the advertised rates. If automatic payment is established and discontinued at any time during repayment, the borrower will no longer receive an automatic payment discount and the rate will increase by 0.50%. Discount may also be suspended during periods of forbearance or deferment. Payments may be made from a checking or savings account. A federal regulation limits the number of transfers that may be made from a savings or money market account. Please contact your financial institution for more information on transfer limitations on savings accounts.
3 Students may choose to defer repayment until six months after graduation or ceasing to be enrolled at least half time in school. Interest-only and immediate repayment options are also available. Interest will accumulate while the student is enrolled in school if payments are deferred. If interest is not paid, the accumulated interest will be added to the principal at repayment.
4 Effective 1/1/2019, variable loan interest rates range from 5.10% to 11.10% and APRs range from 4.94% to 11.10%. Fixed loan interest rates range from 5.79% to 11.79% and APRs range from 5.58% to 11.79%. The monthly payment for the immediate repayment option at a variable rate range of 5.10% to 11.10% for 180 months on a $10,000 loan means you would make 180 payments which may range from $79.79 to $114.87 based on 45 days to first payment due date. The monthly payment for the immediate repayment option at a fixed rate of 5.79% to 11.79% for 180 months on a $10,000 loan means you would make 180 payments which may range from $83.48 to $119.31 based on 45 days to first payment due date. Monthly payments may vary for the interest only and fully deferred repayment options. All figures are for PNC Solution Loan for Undergraduates. Other terms and conditions may apply to other PNC Solution Loan programs. Advertised rates include the 0.50% discount for automatic payment. The rate discount will be applied at the time automatic payment is established.
5 A request to release a co-signer requires that, as of the date of the request, you have made at least forty-eight (48) consecutive timely payments of principal and interest with no periods of forbearance or deferment within the forty-eight (48) month timeframe. “Timely payment” means each payment is made no later than the 15th day after the scheduled due date of the payment. “Consecutive payment” means the regularly scheduled monthly payment must be made for the most recent forty-eight (48) months straight without any interruption. To qualify for a co-signer release, the borrower must submit a request, meet the consecutive, timely payment requirements, provide proof of income and pass a credit check.
Please note: PNC reserves the right to modify or discontinue the terms of this program at any time without notice. Visit pnconcampus.com for additional information, terms and conditions about our loan programs. You are encouraged to explore all scholarship, grant and federal borrowing options before applying for a private loan.
© 2019 The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved. PNC Bank, National Association.