Edvisors is a successful, fast-growing publisher of education resources for planning and paying for college (About Edvisors).
Recognizing that our employees are the key to our success, Edvisors is dedicated to being a great place to work. Edvisors believes in providing a fulfilling workplace environment for our employees. We offer excellent employee benefits, career growth opportunities and a healthy work-life balance.
If you are interested in one of our open positions, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Design, produce and implement software solutions on .NET platform in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
Design innovative solutions to real market problems. Work closely with Development Leads, product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones. Provide technical leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision making to project planning. Under management guidance, can assist with the recruiting and hiring process for technical talent.
- Work collaboratively with IT Development team on software development efforts from a technology perspective. This involves being intimately involved with all technical activities within the team (software development lifecycle activities, code reviews, research, etc.).
- Technology Oversight: Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology that could impact current projects and influence new projects
- Evangelism of architectural vision, strategy, and principles
- Involvement in architectural alignment implementation efforts
- High-level technical consultation and developer mentoring
- Plan and implement the technical Enterprise Architecture, including both short and long term strategies for retiring certain legacy systems, integrating existing systems and new systems implementation recommendations
- Utilizes and evangelizes best of breed programming techniques including design patterns, re-usable and modular development, and contribute to SOA governance
Assist as needed in identifying IT standards and policies and ensures that they are followed and enforced
- Establishment and enforcement of coding standards and practices
- Provides input in hiring, terminating, disciplining, promoting, demoting, transfers or appraising of employees
- Creation and delivery of detailed technical presentations
- Creating prototypes and authoring detailed interaction specifications
- 5 total years’ experience in software design and implementation in distributed, multi-tier, heterogeneous client systems using structured, object-oriented languages
- 5+ years’ experience with object-oriented design and implementation with expert knowledge of OO languages (C#), distributed systems, web services, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of C# and MS SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Proven experience developing with Sitecore CMS or similar CMS platforms
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diagrammatic skills
- Familiarity with field and lab-based usability research methodologies
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment; Experience working with Agile project methodologies
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Sitecore Developer Certification preferred
Performance Marketing Specialist
The ideal candidate is someone with prior account management & business development experience who is well versed with the latest technologies & platforms involved in digital marketing. Edvisors is a Las Vegas based company and this position is at the main office. While mainly focused on affiliate marketing, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the rest of the Marketing team and will be expected to contribute ideas for multiple channels. The position reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Develop Edvisors’ affiliate marketing programs, including strategy, planning and execution
- Manage setup of offers within the affiliate marketing program
- Manage rankings of offers on our "offer wall"
- work daily with existing partners to implement and optimize campaigns
- Proactively recruit new affiliate partners
- Proactively recruit new advertising partners
- Creatively negotiate partner contracts
- Create new growth opportunities with new and existing affiliate partners
- Analyze affiliate performance and ROI by reporting on acquisition costs and performance of acquired traffic in regards to conversation rates, traffic, retention and lifetime value
- Recommend and implement various strategies to optimize user sign up flows and maximize affiliate performance
- 5+ years' experience with affiliate marketing
- Proactive, self-starter who is driven by metrics and analytics
- Strong negotiation skills and experience managing vendors and partners
- Strong understanding of the business sales process and a strong desire for growth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- 2+ years' experience working with HasOffers and Google Analytics
- Experience with incent traffic preferred
- Conversion rate optimization experience preferred
- Established industry contacts
Information Security Analyst
As an Information Security Analyst, you will work as part of Engineering and Network Security team to ensure that information security risks are managed effectively, and prevent security issues from hindering enterprise operations. Through mentoring and working closely with senior staff, the job holder will gain experience and broaden their knowledge, progressing to independent working.
Principally, the candidate will have strong written communication and interpersonal skills, combined with a curiosity, and openness to new approaches. An interest in cyber security and network administration.
The role of the Security Analyst is not limited to, but includes working with the engineering and development teams to:
- Ensure that information assurance is addressed throughout product lifecycles
- Provide risk management advice & develop risk management techniques
- Communicate risk and information assurance matters with other business areas
- Assist in Enterprise Policy and Procedure governance
- Ensure that Enterprise systems maintain a standard security baseline.
- Monitor and analyze alerts from a wide array of security devices and systems (SIEM, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, EDR, Anti-virus, etc.)
- Work with product managers to understand and manage risk for new and existing services
- Ensure that key systems are regularly risk assessed, maintained and improved
- Work closely with development teams to ensure information security controls and assurances form part of the design of digital services
- Ability to investigate breaches of operational security and to take actions to mitigate breaches in future
- Maintain an understanding of the current cyber security strategies
- Provide reoccurring reports for network and host-based security solutions
Skills & Qualifications
Enthusiasm for information security and 0-2 years of related experience. Candidates should have completed an information systems program with an emphasis on security. Additionally Cyber Security certifications such as Security+, CEH, CYSA, or similar are preferred.
- Understanding of threat models
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows Servers and workstations
- Knowledge of Linux based systems
- Experience working with EDR and anti-virus solutions
- Understanding of network components: Firewalls, switching and routing
- Strong research and problem solving skills
- Awareness of information security frameworks
- Ability to deploy and maintain basic network security tools
- Knowledge of cloud technology
- Experience with netflow data and packet analysis
- Penetration testing / Ethical hacking
- Fraud detection and monitoring
- Change management monitoring and enforcement
- Knowledge of web development and related languages, .Net, PHP, JS, CSS, etc.