Sixup, the smart student loan
Sixup is more than a loan
The Sixup loan is a responsible loan for four-year college students with little or no credit history (although it will be reviewed if you have one), who may not have a co-signer and need additional funding to round out their gap. Sixup’s services help students stay in school and maintain a good work-study balance.
The Sixup loan is designed to serve high-potential, low-income students who are underserved by traditional banks and don't have access to the capital they need to attend their best choice college.
Sixup Loan Eligibility
- Your permanent address is in Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Texas, Virginia or West Virginia.
- Four-Year College. You are enrolled in a four-year institution or will be attending one when the loan starts.
- US Resident. You are a US citizen or permanent resident.
- 18 Or Over. You are over the age of 18 (or have a co-signer over the age of 18).
- Strong Academic Performance. Sixup looks at things like grades and courses, and you'll need to upload your transcript during the loan process. 1
- Loan Size. You have a minimum need of $2,500 and maximum need of $15,000 per academic year.2,3
Sixup Loan Terms
1 Rates based primarily on academic record and financial need. Fixed Rates range from 6.29%-9.67% APR; Variable Rates (which can go up and down during the life of loan) range from 5.11%-9.36% APR (Rates subject to change; Variable Rates based on LIBOR).
2 1% origination fee
3 Repayment Example: For a $10,000 loan, assuming you make 54 payments of $20 a month for an academic deferment period of 48 months of school plus 6 months, you will then make 120 monthly payments of $173.34, paying a total of $21,880.80, assuming the highest possible rate of 9.49%. Additional terms and conditions provided in disclosure and agreements.