Skip Navigation
Edvisors Transparent star logo
Search Box Form
Search Box Form
After Navigation
Home Ask Student Aid FAQ Can I get a scholarship for having an unusual last name, like Zolp?

Can I get a scholarship for having an unusual last name, like Zolp?

There are several scholarships for students with unusual last names, such as Zolp.

The Zolp scholarship is for students born with a last name of Zolp who are enrolled at Loyola University of Chicago. The name Zolp must appear on the student’s birth certificate and christening certificate. Most years, Loyola University of Chicago has only one or two students with the last name of Zolp, but some years they have none. Students cannot change their last names to qualify for this scholarship. The scholarship cannot be used at other colleges. 

Other scholarships awarded to students with unusual last names include the Gatling Grant (Gatlin or Gatling) at NC State, Lambert and Annetje Van Valkenburg Memorial Scholarship Award (Van Valkenburg, Van Valkenburgh, Van Volkinburg, Van Volkenburg, Van Falkenburg, Valkenburg, Vollick or Van Velkinburgh) and various last names at Harvard University (Downer, Bright, Baxendale, Hudson or Thayer).

Easy Scholarships at

Find & Compare Private Student Loans for Your School:
Find Loans
We recently updated our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Please read them before using our website. Your continued use of our Sites following the posting of these changes to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use will mean you accept those changes. ×